Wednesday, October 27, 2010

They're in!

To date, we have successfully removed and put the contacts back in by ourselves TWICE.

Jack has successfully removed his own contact lens once.  Yikes.  Hopefully, that was a fluke.  He was on his playmat and I happened to catch him rubbing his eye.  I leaned down to stop him and there was the contact sitting on his nose.  That's one expensive toy he has found! 

Getting the contacts out is a million times easier than getting them in, which is the total opposite of what we expected.  I now know why God gave me such tiny hands.  Jack is actually a willing participant when it comes to taking them out, but getting them in is tricky.  It does help to catch him in a good mood.  We've tried it while he's eating, playing on his mat, or right when he wakes up and seems the most cooperative.  I do have faith that he will get used to it - it's already twice as easy to get them out. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic blog. So glad to have found it. My little on is 3 weeks old and next week will have a cataract removed. Is your little guy's cataract unilateral? If so why did he have a second surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla! I'm so glad the blog could be of help - that's what it's here for! Unfortunately, Jack's cataracts were bilateral, which is why he had to have the second surgery. Will your doctor be doing a contact lens with the unilateral cataract? If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at eyelovejack@gmail.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing fantastic!! I promise!!! It is hard to have kids in general then health issues ontop of it. You can do it...if you need anything e-mail me... I don't know much about cataracts or anything but I have tons of experience with kids :) (six years worth plus)

    ReplyDelete