Saturday, October 9, 2010

"It could be worse."

Ahhh, we've heard this a lot.

Trust us, we know it could be much worse.  We learned that after spending the day at Children's Hospital.  You don't go to Children's Hospital to get a flu shot.  You go there because you are seeking top notch medical care for your child.  We saw what "much worse" looks like, and I will keep those children and their families in my prayers for life.

However, we are not quite ready to see the glass as "could be much worse" full yet.  We're still looking at it as "could be much better" full.  But, boy, have we come a long way in 3 1/2 weeks.  We've gone through every emotion, from devastation to excitement at the thought of the surgery, simply because we knew what a difference it would make for Jack.  I aim this post more at people who have gone through something similar, and I leave you with a prayer our priest shared with us last week, because I think that David and I will be living by this prayer for a long time to come:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment