Monday, September 20, 2010

The night before the surgery

You would have thought I had eaten a brick the night before the surgery.  I had such an uneasy feeling in my stomach all day.  I didn't want to sit down, and ran around the house all day.  We were supposed to be packing for Florida that day - not packing for a stay at the hospital.  I think I packed more for one night in the hospital than I would have for the beach trip.  Even though Jack was only 3 months old, I tried to pack anything that would make him feel more at home.  I packed books to read, photos, loveys, blankets, extra clothes, pacifiers...we also slept with the blankets and loveys the week before so that they would smell like home.  I don't know if any of these made a difference to Jack, but they sure helped me.  My mom and my husband's parents came and made us dinner.  There wasn't much they could do to help, but knowing they were there to hold our hands as we held Jack's made things so much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment