Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Glasses vs. Contacts

This is a flame-worthy confession, but when I initially found out that Jack would be having surgery that required glasses, I was devastated.  Yes, it is totally cosmetic, but let's be honest, there is a serious market out there for tolerable looking baby-glasses.  Check out the Miraflex website sometime - ain't a cute pair among them.  I was so worried that people would see these goofy plastic goggles and not my beautiful baby boy. I got over it pretty quickly once Jack's vision really started to deteriorate, and knew that it didn't really matter.  I'm sure we'll get plenty of stares and ignorant questions.  I'm still coming up with intelligent responses. 
Anyways, the glasses were taking too long to come in, so the opthamologist ordered a contact lens.  She put it in...thank GOD...because I don't know if I could.  We went to get it checked out and even she couldn't remove it at the time.  Luckily, it can stay in for 7-10 days, and she is more than happy for us to keep coming back for her to do it.  Needless to say, we'll be spending a lot more time at her office (as if that were possible.) We've considering finding out where she lives and becoming her neighbor!
Recovery wise - Jack is doing wonderfully. His eye looks fantastic, even though it always has to be dilated, so he's looking a little "tripped out."  It would have warmed your heart though to see him a couple of minutes after she put the contact in.  He was smiling and laughing like we've never seen before.  We're so proud of our little guy!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is difficult I know that you can do it. I am glad you have a blog I will be an avid reader. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days when contact focal points required various answers for putting away, cleaning and protein eliminating are gone. Presently contact focal point care is very basic. For most delicate focal points, all you need is a multi-reason answer (for cleaning and putting away) and a contact focal point case. Crazy contact lenses

    ReplyDelete